International Sales Assistant
Sumitomo Chemical (www.sumitomo-chem.be), founded in Japan in 1913, is one of the global leaders in the production and sale of a wide range of basic chemicals, petrochemicals, plastics, fine chemicals and agrochemicals.
Their products are sold in more than 100 countries and generate sales of USD 11 billion.
To strengthen the team based in Machelen, we are looking for 2 Sales Assistants for the commercialisation of a wide range of chemicals for the European market.
You will join a company of 60 persons in Machelen and will work in a team of 13 Sales Assistants in a multicultural environment (9 different nationalities), the working language is English.
- You are the contact person for customers, distributors, agents throughout Europe and our supplier in Japan
- You support the Sales Manager of one or two divisions and are responsible for monitoring the entire administrative process from order entry in SAP, through delivery, complete logistic process and including invoicing
- You are responsible for a variety of tasks such as stock management, repackaging, vendor/customer consignment, scrapping, complaints management ….
- You draw up monthly statistics
- Your contacts are mainly by e-mail
- Preferably 5 years of experience in an administrative and commercial support position in an international environment
- Your English is highly proficient (both spoken and written) and other languages are a plus (Dutch, French,…)
- Good knowledge of MS office (Excel, …)
- You are an organisational talent and know how to deal with priorities
- You have commercial acumen and you have good contact skills
- You are autonomous in carrying out your tasks, anticipating and solving problems
- You are a team player
- You are meticulous and you respect deadlines
- You react quickly to all unforeseen circumstances
- Knowledge of accounting and SAP are a plus
- Living in Belgium.
Keywords: Administrative employee, customer service representative, international assistant, polyvalent assistant assistant, dossierbeheerder, administration officer, office manager, allround administratieve, sales, sales management assistant, sales support administrator, office assistant, secrétaire, secretary, financial and administrative employee
- A full-time permanent contract
- 40h/week working à 8h/day (flexible hours between 7.30 am 9.30 am with 1hour break and the possibility to stop from 4 pm and on Friday at 2.30 pm
- Homeworking 2 days/week after the training
- Min 37 days holiday: (20 days + 12 + 5 extra because closed between Christmas & New Year) + long weekend + 1 day off per 5 years seniority
- An excellent opportunity to contribute to the growth of an international, fast-growing, and reputable company
- A very varied job, with new challenges all the time
- Family and friendly atmosphere with a European mentality (many events are organised such as yoga sessions, egg hunts, …)
- The know-how, experience and support of a global player and market leader
- Stable staff
- Space to develop yourself
- Not easily accessible by public transport but free parking
English + Dutch and/or French
Call NATHALIE HAUTPHENNE
at the number: +32 495 365 186