Project Manager, European engineering standards
My client is a company located in the European centre in Brussels (Belgium). The company employs 84 people, has 43 members (countries, experts from various industries, etc) and is considered to be a business catalyst in European industries and consumers. It offers a highly intellectual environment driven by innovation and competitiveness.
Their mission is to foster the European economy in global trading, the welfare of European citizens and the environment.
Through their services they provide platforms for the development of European Standards and other technical specs. Since the continuous growth of the company they are looking for a project manager in engineering and build up a reserve for future opportunities.
Thanks to your engineering background you will be entitled to:
- Follow the developments in the area of standardization in one devoted sector (transportation, mechanical engineering, energy, etc).
- Thereby fostering deeper collaboration with industry stakeholders and the relevant EC services and agencies, seizing opportunities to attract more experts.
- Together with your team, work on the further development, support and modernization of your sector.
- Attending and contributing to relevant seminars and conferences in order to inform about and promote.
- Cooperating in the development of EC/EFTA standardization requests and ensuring their timely exécution.
- Prepare documents for decisions by/recommendation to the relevant governing bodies and ensure proper follow up
- Master Degree in Engineering
- Outstanding knowledge of English (oral and written skills)
- Pro-active and positive attitude, flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Effective planning, organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage simultaneously multiple projects
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to structure and present complex information in a simple way
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to work in multicultural environment/team and to respond to needs and expectations from divergent stakeholders
#policy officer #quality #standards#regulation#standards officer #standards facilitator #standards #innovation #technology #research #membership #corporate affairs #public policy #engineering #mechanical #committee
- My client offers a permanent Belgian contract (no freelance contract allowed) within a company that truly means an added value to European stakeholders.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS.
Call VERONIQUE BERVAES
at the number: 02/738.02.67 | 0490/440.751