Our client is one of the largest independent distributors of stainless steel (SS) products in Europe. They are located in the area of Deinze. They are currently looking for a buyer. As a buyer you are co-responsible for the purchase and stock management of their product range and maintain relationships with various suppliers in Europe and Asia.
YOUR MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You are co-responsible for the purchase and stock management of their product range (stainless steel: sheets, tubes and fittings).
- You build and maintain relationships with various suppliers in Europe and Asia.
- You work closely with the sales department to respond to the latest market developments.
- Together with your team you closely monitor the delivery deadlines.
- Analytical: determine the correct stock levels for products based on historical information and input from the sales department.
- Sourcing and negotiation: establishing contacts with and negotiating with suppliers.
- Product knowledge: experience in the steel sector.
- Computer-minded: experience with ERP systems and inventory management systems is a plus.
YOUR SKILLS FOR THE JOB
- You have a bachelor degree or equivalent through experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a buyer.
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- You are analytical, proactive and stress resistant.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office, ERP systems, ...).
- An attractive salary package with group insurance and extra-legal benefits.
- An easily accessible, congestionfree work environment.
- A pleasant working atmosphere where the employees are central.
- Training in the company and possibility of further training.
Dutch, English and French
Call MAHINDRA JOKIL
at the number: 0492/27 35 54