Policy Analyst - EDFI (based in Brussels)
EDFI (https://www.edfi.eu/) is the Association of European Development Finance Institutions. EDFI represents 15 development banks and investment funds that are backed by European governments to promote sustainable investment in the private sector in emerging and frontier markets. EDFI’s members have invested over €100 billion in more than 15,000 projects in developing countries outside the EU. The mission of EDFI is to promote members’ professional networks, inform policy, and drive innovation in industry standards. EDFI also manages facilities that promote financial cooperation among European DFIs and the EU institutions. Over 40 dedicated professionals now work within the EDFI Secretariat and the EDFI Management Company (https://www.edfi.eu/who-we-are/edfi-management-company/).
The EDFI offices are in Brussels (EU quarters: Rue de la Loi).
In anticipation of future developments and growth, EDFI has a vacancy for a:
The Policy Analyst will contribute to EDFI’s policy, knowledge, and innovation initiatives. The role is to deliver strong fact-based analysis of policy and regulatory issues, and to support industry collaboration and outreach.
- Conducting analysis and monitor research, policy, regulatory, and industry trends affecting sustainable and development finance activities at European and global levels
- Supporting joint EDFI representation with EU and international institutions, including on preparing materials, briefings and coordinating input from members
- Supporting a variety of EDFI collaborative initiatives, including on preparing work plans, coordinating meetings and conferences, and drafting minutes and written outputs
- Contribute to drafting of EDFI papers and publications
- Drafting proposals and funding applications for new programmatic initiatives
The ideal Policy Analyst has a track/record of strong academic achievement, in-depth exposure to international development cooperation policy and/or impact investing, and has the following profile:
- University degree in economics, public policy, political science, law, or related field with a strong record.
- Knowledge of sustainable / impact finance and experience with European institutions
- Experience with EU policy and regulatory initiatives in areas such as sustainable finance, development finance architecture, and financial instruments highly desirable
- Demonstrated strong quantitative analysis and business writing skills.
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and prioritise demands to meet deadlines.
- Team-player with ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Languages: Fluent in English, other European language desirable.
- The Policy Analyst at EDFI will have the opportunity to become part of a team that helps shape European development finance and reach the global climate and sustainable development goals.
- EDFI offers a competitive package in line with qualifications and a dynamic international working environment.
- All candidates must be eligible, able and willing to work in Belgium (Brussels).
- The position will be filled as soon as possible.
Other keywords: Policy Officer, Financial Analyst, Financial Consultant, EU, European Affairs, European Institutions, European policy, development finance, micro finance institutions, investment finance, sustainable finance, EU policy, regulatory affairs, funding applications, emerging markets, frontier markets
Call HANS VERHEIJ
at the number: +32 473 715114