Head of Communications
Centre on Regulation in Europe (www.cerre.eu) is looking for a
Head of Communications
As a dynamic, results-oriented professional, you will feature the personality, drive and skills to design and implement effective communications strategies which will deliver expanded visibility for CERRE as well as enhance the impact, in Europe and beyond, of the work of that highly respected Brussels-based think tank. For a currently outstanding and ambitious mid-level manager, this will be a big professional step up and a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate that you will be in the right place in a senior position.
You will be a member of the principals’ team and reports to the Director General. You will develop, drive and manage all communications content, format, strategies and activities to ensure impact of our programmes, report and events related to the regulation of the tech, media, telecom, media, energy, sustainability and mobility sectors.
You will lead a small team that delivers our communications and events activities. You will:
- Develop, manage and implement the think tank’s communications strategy including a broad range of online and offline communications activities; ensure a steady cadence of these activities, including online and hybrid events, social media, media relations, etc.
- Manage the corporate communications to position CERRE as a global think tank of reference in the regulation of network and digital industries.
- Strengthen and develop long-term relationships with editorial desks and individual journalists (with Brussels as well as other European and non-European media), pitch stories and interviews (with our senior staff and academics), draft press releases, opinion pieces, blogs, etc.
- Manage all communications activities related to the launch of our research projects and activities:
- Engage with your academic and secretariat colleagues to define outcomes, objectives and key messages. Oversee the development and delivery of public events to present CERRE research.
- Draft key messages and oversee the preparation of communications materials (website text, press releases, infographics, videos, social media content and visuals).
- Successfully deliver campaigns through engaging, advising and encouraging your colleagues on the best use of communications tools.
- Leading a small, dedicated team, oversee every aspect and check the quality of content for all communication channels and tools including website, social media, events and internal communications.
- Develop creative digital content across a variety of formats on CERRE online channels and social media.
- Manage the production of all communications materials, including reports, issue papers, op-eds, briefings, blogs, videos, visuals, newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Oversee the development, promotion and delivery of high-profile events with Commissioners, MEPs, CEOs, and C-Suite stakeholders.
- Manage and further develop CERRE ‘identity’, ensuring consistency of branding and messaging across all channels. Set and monitor standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and quality of messaging.
- Check and review crisis communications processes regularly as the context around the think tank evolves.
- 5-10 years’ experience developing and leading communications programmes, preferably in public affairs agency, think tank, NGO, or industry association.
- Perfect written/spoken English skills. French and/or German are a plus.
- Ability to quickly understand complex economic or legal material, identify key messages and translate these into effective communications.
- Significant media relations experience and contacts with a wide variety of journalists relevant to CERRE activities.
- Experience in leading and motivating a team to deliver ambitious results.
- Great interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a small and dynamic team (10-12 people in the Brussels office).
- Great communicator, concise in your written and oral expression.
- Rigorous, outstanding attention to detail, demanding for yourself as well as for your team.
- Dynamic, positive, entrepreneurial, ambitious, solutions-focused, results-oriented and resilient.
Excellent Salary Package
Call EMMA WAITES
at the number: 02 738 02 63 GSM 0475 614967