At Allnex (www.allnex.com), you can go to work knowing you make a lasting impact on the world around you. Our work helps to protect and improve more than 1,000 products: from interior coatings for airplanes and scratch-resistant coatings for smartphones, to corrosion protection for cars, and even printing inks for glossy magazines. We are present in 4 regions, with more than 4,000 employees globally, and serve customers in over 100 countries, which makes Allnex the world's leading industrial coatings resins company.
Please, come and see Allnex insights – Let’s make an impact together!
And here is a sneak peek, how life at Allnex sites looks like - allnex Operator Movie
The offices are in Drogenbos (Brussels). We are looking for an experienced:
The Engineering Supervisor is part of the Allnex Engineering and Capital Projects team and is responsible for the management and execution of the investment (CapEx) plan of the sites in Drogenbos and Schoonaarde, relating to the Operations and Supply Chain budgets. The Engineering Supervisor will lead a team of engineers to identify, study and implement improvement projects regarding SHE (Safety, Health, and Environmental policy), cost reduction, sustainability, maintenance upgrades, product quality and capacity increase.
Next to investment projects, the Engineering Supervisor is also responsible for production process improvements and will lead a team of process engineers.
General management of the Engineering department
- Organization and communication
- Continuous improvement of Engineering workflow and procedures (QSE system)
People management of the Engineering department
- Ensuring a great place to work for the team
- People development & empowerment
- Annual performance review
- Creation of annual CapEx plan
- Resource planning and forecasting of CapEx
- Monthly reporting and action plan
- Coordination and follow-up of CapEx projects with project managers (from project idea to commissioning & closure)
- Coordination and follow-up of Process improvement projects with the process engineers
Process control and automation
- Management of the DCS systems of the site
- Management of process control applications such as data historians and alarm systems
Part of the site management team and part of the guard duty system
- Master of Science degree in Chemical or Electromechanical engineering (Required)
Required skills and experience
- 5 years’ experience in (CapEx) Project Management in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Petrochemical industry.
- Successful leadership experience and skills: people management & development skills, organization skills, and excellent communication skills
- Engineering skills to be able to create and evaluate project designs
- Project Management skills
- Resource planning skills
- Budget management skills
- Trouble shooting skills (hands on): able to resolve technical issues with new installations
Allnex offers an international working experience with a tight-knit network of employees, making it easy to connect with and learn from people all across our different functions. On top of that Allnex is a truly innovative company with a strong team spirit, openness to new ideas, and great opportunities to grow and develop your career.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Allnex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The company celebrates diversity and is committed to an environment where all colleagues contribute for the benefit of all employees, the products & services, and the communities.
Keywords: coating resins; industrial coatings, protective coatings, additives for coatings; special purpose coatings; specialty chemicals; innovative liquid resins; liquid coating additives; radiation cured coatings; powder coating resins; powder coating additives.
English + French and/or Dutch (Flemish)
Call HANS VERHEIJ
at the number: +32 473 715114