Environmental Engineer with related understanding of European legislation and policies.
My client is a company located in the European centre in Brussels (Belgium). The company employs 86 people, has 43 members (countries, experts from various industries, etc) and is considered to be a business catalyst in European industries and consumers. It offers a highly intellectual environment driven by innovation and competitiveness.
Their mission is to foster the European economy in global trading, the welfare of European citizens and the environment.
Through their services they provide platforms for the development of European Standards and other technical specs. Since the continuous growth of the company they are looking for an Environmental Engineer who will work as a project manager in the Energy & Living unit.
- To follow the political, legislative and technical developments in the energy and environmental areas (e.g. clean and sustainable energy, climate change, biofuels, air quality, etc.), thereby fostering deeper collaboration with industry stakeholders and the relevant EC services and agencies, seizing opportunities to attract more experts
- To work on the development, support and modernization of the standardization activities in the energy and environmental sectors (e.g. green transition, nature based solutions, etc.)
- To attend and contribute to relevant seminars and conferences in order to inform about and promote the company technical activities
- To pro-actively cooperate in the development of EC/EFTA standardization requests and ensuring their timely execution
- To prepare documents for decisions by/recommendation to the relevant governing bodies and ensure proper follow up
- To ensure consistent and coherent contributions to cross-departmental activities, through effective collaboration with other Units
- To facilitate the introduction of innovative topics and/or new initiatives in the standardization work
- Master Degree in Environmental Engineering, Political Science or Business Administration
- Project Management Professional / Certification is a plus
- Understanding the functioning of the European regulatory framework and the surrounding context and the involved stakeholders
- A clear understanding of the relevant sector and associated European legislation and policy in this area
- Experience with identifying and assessing new developments applied to the relevant field of expertise (EU legal requirements, sectoral specific progress, …)
- Pro-active and positive attitude, flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Effective planning, organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage simultaneously multiple projects
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Perfect fluency in English (written and spoken), other EU language is an asset
- Ability to structure and present complex information in a simple way
#quality#standards#regulation#standards officer #standards facilitator #standards #energy #EU #public affairs #Prince2 #Scrum #climatechange #sustainableenergy #climate
- My client offers a permanent Belgian contract (no freelance contract allowed) within a company that truly means an added value to European stakeholders.
- You will get the chance to work into a multicultural environment in a cozy and comfortable working space enabling the employees to feel at home while having moments to concentrate or chat!
- The company employs people with responsible skills who are accountable, opened to changes, able to get information and spread the information and at least able to take decision.
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment.
- An attractive and competitive salary package with a lot of extra-legal benefits.
ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE REQUIRED PASSPORT/WORK VISA TO BE ABLE TO WORK IN BELGIUM.THE COMPANY DOES NOT SPONSOR THESE REQUIREMENTS.
Call VERONIQUE BERVAES
at the number: 02/738.02.67 | 0490/440.751