Expeditor – John Cockerill Industry - Liège (Seraing)
The John Cockerill Group develops large scale technological solutions to meet the needs of our time: preserving natural resources, contributing to greener mobility, producing sustainably, fighting against insecurity, and facilitating access to renewable energy. Its offering to enterprises, States and communities comes in the form of services and associated equipment for the energy, defense, industry, environment, transport, and infrastructure sectors. Driven since 1817 by the entrepreneurial spirit and thirst for innovation of their founder, the 6 000-strong workforce of the Group enabled it to achieve turnover in 2019 of 1.26 billion Euros in 22 countries across 5 continents.
With industry always keen to take advantage of the latest technological developments without negatively affecting life on Earth, John Cockerill endeavors to improve the performance of production facilities and infrastructures whilst also making them more resource-efficient and environmentally friendly. The John Cockerill Industry offering comprises the following:
- Equipment and services for the treatment of steels and non-ferrous metals relating to reheating furnaces, pickling, acid regeneration, cold rolling, strip processing and automation.
- Thermal treatment furnaces for the moulding and forging industries.
- Electrolytic and chemical surface treatment for various types of industry.
The expediting, purchase and procurement team is based in the John Cockerill Industry Offices in Liège (Seraing).
To reinforce this team, we are looking for an experienced
Expeditor – John Cockerill Industry - Liège
The mission of the Expeditor:
The Expeditor occupies a key position within the Supply Chain processes of the John Cockerill projects. The Expeditor is the right-hand person of the Expediting Manager who ensures that products and equipment ordered for the international projects are delivered on time by our suppliers.
This role includes managerial support to the Expediting Manager and regular travelling to suppliers to ensure progress and coordination with the project teams.
- You will provide managerial support to the Expediting Manager: schedule management, organisation and lead of team meetings, workload forecasts, structural improvement of dunning processes, negotiation with key partners, document management, etc.
- You will support the organisational follow-up with internal (procurement, project teams) and external stakeholders (suppliers, subcontractors)
- You will be responsible for the follow-up of all the steps of order fulfilment by the suppliers and their subcontractors for the projects
- You will ensure that you obtain information concerning the updating of progress documents, the allocation and distribution of tasks, the schedules and you will keep track of the real time progress of the manufacturing status and delivery status of the suppliers assigned to you
- You anticipate the risks of possible delays, by analysing the information received from the supplier or obtained by yourself, from the buyer and from the quality control and project departments
- You take necessary measures that will ensure, suppliers and subcontractors to stay or get back on track and make sure that the essential project deadlines are met. This will include follow-up visits to suppliers and their subcontractors.
- You will participate in the optimization of the expediting, purchase, and procurement internal communication system, allowing a quick and synthetic view of the delivery elements (documents, products, services) and quick overview of risks
The ideal Expeditor:
- is a mechanical or electromechanical engineer.
- has a first experience in procurement of equipment for (large) industrial construction projects.
- is familiar with heavy industry (energy/power, petrochemical, steel) engineering projects.
- is a team player, initiative taker and is willing to take and carry responsibilities.
- has excellent social and communication skills:
- Negotiation skills.
- People management skills.
- Conflict handling skills.
- Tact, diplomacy, respect, and the ability to adapt to people at all levels in an organization and/or with different cultural backgrounds.
- Is transparent, open honest and has a high level of integrity.
- Is fluent in English and French.
- Is willing to travel regularly and available for short-term temporary assignments abroad.
- Is willing to live in Belgium/Liège and work in the International HQ of John Cockerill in Seraing.
John Cockerill Thermal Industry offers you more than just a job or a career but above all the opportunity to work on attractive projects! It's the opportunity to participate in tomorrow's world! You will have the opportunity to touch the very concrete, very technical aspects of the projects but also the opportunity to be creative and to propose innovative solutions! John Cockerill offers you a career in a dynamic and ambitious group, aware of the value of its first resource, its employees. This opportunity is an entry point to a future that you will be responsible for creating in our mutual interest.
Call HANS VERHEIJ
at the number: +32 473 715114