Our client, MedTech Europe is seeking an Industrial Policies Manager for its Medical Devices Team
Your Role in MedTech Europe
You will be responsible (under strategic direction of the Medical Devices Senior Manager, Merlin Rietschel) for taking a lead role in contributing to the organisation’s goals in the Medical Devices’ Regulation area. This team’s work focuses on the implementation of EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDR) meaning this is a primarily member interfacing role with a strong regulatory focus.
- Key Projects
- Provide direction and support the functioning of certain industrial policies working groups, e.g. post market surveillance and vigilance, device-drug combination products etc.
- Assist with analysing impacts of future legislations on the sector, and more long term the revision of the MDR
- Develop and coordinate MedTech Europe responses to public consultations, position papers and presentations as identified by the working groups and contribute to advocacy efforts
- Develop industry guidance for members on various topics related to the implementation of the MDR
- Members Management
- Represent the association at external meetings involving EU institutions, stakeholders and policy makers.
- Has a genuine passion for healthcare and use of (medical technology) innovation in healthcare legislation
- Holds a university degree or other relevant qualifications in Biomedical Engineering (or other relevant scientific discipline), European Studies, Law, Political Science
- Has minimum 5 years’ experience of working in medical technology industry (technical or regulatory position), for instance from having worked for a Notified Body, a medical device manufacturer, or EU institution
- Has a strong understanding of EU policies and the functioning of the EU (a must)
- Is fluent in both written and spoken English, other EU languages are an advantage
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with multicultural stakeholders
- Is well-organised with sound project management skills and always strives for operational excellence
- Analytical skills: has the proven ability to analyse, summarise and communicate on complex legal and technical issues.
- Is a team player who can work proactively and independently within complex teams and is open to learn and receive constructive criticism
- Has excellent command of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Competitive Salary + Performance Bonus, Lunch Vouchers, Pension Plan, Medical Plan (+ Family), Mobile Phone Subscription, Laptop and Transport Reimbursement
- Be a representative of a well-established and innovative European industry
- Opportunity to be a member of a motivated, dynamic and international team (regular team events)
- Opportunity for trainings and personal development
Call EMMA WAITES
at the number: 02 738 02 63 GSM 0475 614967