Administration & Services Manager
EDFI is the Association of European Development Finance Institutions. EDFI represents 15 development banks and investment funds that are backed by European governments to promote sustainable investment in the private sector in developing countries and emerging economies.
EDFI member institutions are mandated by their governments to contribute to the SDGs by creating jobs, boosting growth, fighting poverty and climate change. Five core values drive EDFI: Responsibility, Sustainability, Impact, Trust, Transparency.
EDFI and its members have also set up the EDFI Management Company, as a joint platform for managing innovative development finance solutions in partnership with the EU institutions.
In line with its evolving work programme, EDFI recruits an Administration & Services Manager.
As the Administration & Services Manager, you ensure the quality of the Secretariat’s general administrative functions (finance, HR, IT), network coordination, office management and support for governing bodies. You enable the Secretariat’s policy, partnership, knowledge, and innovation functions. You are a real support for your team members.
Your key responsibilities:
- Managing a team consisting of the membership network coordinator, the executive assistant / office manager, and the externally provided functions for payroll, accounting, and IT support
- Supporting operational planning, budgeting, and monitoring
- Coordinating accounting and financial reporting
- Coordinating audit planning, liaison with external auditor, and risk management
- Managing human resources development, including recruitment, on-boarding, and staff performance reviews and development plans
- Coordinating payroll
- Overseeing compliance with operational policies, e.g., finance, travel & expenses, IT, disclosures
- Overseeing procurement, contracts, facilities, and records
- Supervising membership network coordination and EDFI Academy professional training offering
- Supervising executive assistance and office management
- Secretarial support to EDFI’s AGM, the board of directors and its committees with responsibility for supporting the preparation of meeting agendas, reports, and minutes.
You join an international and diverse team of over ten people, coming from Europe and overseas. Discover more about them here: https://www.edfi.eu/who-we-are/edfi/. They are all motivated and committed to the purpose of the organisation. You report to the General Manager, who is ambitious for EDFI and the team. He delegates responsibilities and expects autonomy, initiative and accountability from his team members. He has a participative management style and team members at all levels are stimulated to take initiatives to improve processes and service levels. He is thoughtful and does not make hasty decisions.
As the ideal Administration & Services Manager,
You are a versatile manager, preferably with successful people management experience in an international organization, and
you have the following profile:
- You have a university degree in law, business administration or related field
- You have at least 8 years of relevant work experience in general administrative functions, including finance and human resources development, in professional settings with high quality and service orientation
- Knowledge of European associations and interest in international development are an advantage
- Familiarity with Belgian practices in accounting and human resources
- Languages: fluent English, and working knowledge of French
You have the following soft skills:
- Leadership: You are a talented people manager, with the ability to drive and inspire a team consisting of ambitious people from different backgrounds
- Analytical & rigorous: you analyse the situation both quantitatively and qualitatively
- Service-oriented: you help your team members grow and you provide them with the training they need to evolve
- Interpersonal and communications skills: you communicate well and can adapt to specific interlocutors, including international ones. You also take care of involving all relevant stakeholders in the conversations.
- Highly organised with demonstrated track-record of professional results
- Team player: you are keen to collaborate and know how to do so in multi-cultural environment
- The opportunity to help strengthen EDFI’s Secretariat and the Association’s efforts to shape European development finance and reach the global climate and sustainable development goals.
- A competitive package in line with qualifications.
- A dynamic and flexible work environment (offices in Brussels), operating based on trust.
- The opportunity to work with diverse cultures from various countries.
- A dynamic function in a meaningful company, with extremely interesting projects.
Important: only apply for this position when you eligable (valid work permit) and willing to work in Belgium (Brussels).
Other keywords: Operations, Business Administration, General Administrative, Finance, Human Resources, International Development; client service
English (and French)
Call HANS VERHEIJ
at the number: +32 473 715114