Join a pan-European organisation that promotes a united, peaceful, and democratic Europe and directly impact its visibility and success.
Why work for CEMR?
- Eldest and largest European organisation representing 150.000 local and regional governments in 40 European countries
- CEMR both influences European policy and legislation as well as provides a forum for debate on Governance, Environment, International partnerships, Economic cohesion, Public Services management or Citizenship, areas which impact every European citizen
- Multicultural, dynamic, and collaborative team
- Attractive package
- Homeworking, up to 3 days a week possible plus 30 days/year from abroad
Your key responsibilities as Communication Officer
- Unique opportunity to directly contribute to raising CEMR’s profile
- As part of your responsibilities to enhance CEMR’s visibility, you communicate on both CEMR’s activities and impact via press releases, social media, videos, or articles targeting not only the EU institutions and Europe’s towns and regions but also the development cooperation stakeholders
- You take ownership for advising and supporting CEMR colleagues on how best to highlight their work in Brussels and beyond and how to optimise succinct messages in their position papers on draft EU legislation, workshops, or studies
- You manage the showcasing of both CEMR members’ activities and good practices
- You contribute to the work of transversal activities: publications, statutory affairs, Secretary General’s cabinet, events, etc.
- You are responsible for the production of both the CEMR members’ monthly newsletter as well as the internal newsletter (Memo)
Your Communication Officer profile
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in communications, press and /or social media
- You can demonstrate proven skills in drafting and editing press releases, articles, and web stories
- Publishing software has no secrets for you
- You can render the complex understandable and turn technical raw material into an attractive product.
- You are abreast of what is going on in the European institutions, as well as their development and functioning.
- You have excellent written and spoken English and a very good written and spoken French
- Team spirit and a good sense of humour are definite prerequisites as well as strong time management and a keen eye for detail
- Competitive salary, + 100€ net/month Teleworking allowance, Luncheon Vouchers: 8€, Ecocheques: 250€/year, Hospitalisation insurance and part of the Public Transport reimbursement
- Up to 3 days teleworking/week
- Possibility to telework 30 days/year from abroad
- 38-hour week and 30 days holiday
- CEMR is an equal opportunity employer
- An open, international, and flexible work environment where commitment is highly valued
- A young, dynamic, and helpful team
- A valuable experience working with Local and Regional Authorities all over Europe
- An accessible and modern office in the European Quarter near Luxembourg Brussels station
- 1st interview with 3 CEMR Directors + written test
- 2nd interview with the Secretary General
- Decision after maximum one week.
We are looking forward to receiving your cv
Please upload your cv via the Apply Now Button
Call EMMA WAITES
at the number: 02 738 02 63 GSM 0475 614967