Value Added Medicines Policy Manager
Do you want to play an important role in ensuring access to off-patent medicines in Europe and more specifically in the development of Value Added Medicines?
Are you familiar with the pharmaceutical sector?
Are Medicines for Europe’s five pillars: Patients • Quality • Value • Sustainability • Partnership also your values?
If so, you might be our next Policy Manager.
Why work for Medicines for Europe?
- Since 1993, Medicines for Europe has represented pharmaceutical companies supplying the largest share of prescription medicines across Europe.
- They are the voice of the generic, biosimilar and value added medicines industries.
- Leading partner for political change at an EU level and hence better healthcare.
- Increasing the health and wellbeing of all Europeans through better access to high quality medicines.
- The portfolios of Medicines for Europe members cover 80% of therapy areas.
- Safeguarding the sustainability of Europe’s healthcare systems for future generations.
Your key responsibilities
The Policy Manager will support the Value Added Medicines (VAM) sector group in shaping policies on various topics, supporting both internal and external outreach and as well as be responsible for managing Medicines for Europe’s contribution to the European project REMEDI4ALL.
- Manage Medicines for Europe’s contribution to REMEDI4ALL.
- Within REMEDI4ALL (Horizon Europe project), you will ensure timely delivery of project goals and milestones in collaboration with other project partners.
- Support the Value Added Medicines Sector Group in the different projects and workstreams:
- Research and monitor policy developments and key topics, including regulatory and science, related to Value Added Medicines,
- Coordinate the corresponding working group and task forces.
- Draft agenda, minutes, reports and briefing notes.
- Liaise with and provide support to other Medicines for Europe Sector Groups, Committees and Working Groups on horizontal issues.
- Support the organisation of conferences and programme development of a range of advocacy and outreach events.
- Draw up the response to public consultations (e.g. draft guidelines), develop position papers and communications, and inform association members of developments.
- Contribute to the development of communication and educational materials.
- Support engagement of Medicines for Europe with different stakeholders; officials, authorities, and other external parties.
- Provide feedback to the Value Added Medicines Steering Group, Medicines for Europe Executive and Board on the issues indicated above, as appropriate.
- A Master’s degree in life sciences (pharmaceutical sciences or other health relevant studies), healthcare policy or other relevant sciences.
- 2 years minimum relevant experience.
- Understanding of the European pharmaceutical framework, market dynamics and policies at national level.
- Proficiency in English (both written and spoken). Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and similar software.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to turn complex ideas into clear messages.
- Strong communicator, with good writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with a proactive, problem-solving mindset.
- Quick and proactive learner with a politically savvy mind.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural, international environment.
- Experience working in EU association would be an asset.
- Ability to travel.
- Competitive Salary + Meal vouchers (8€), Net remote work allowance, Hospitalisation insurance and Pension fund.
- Up to 2 days teleworking/week.
- The possibility to represent a dynamic European industry and interact with diverse stakeholders.
- The opportunity to take ownership and have impact as well as being part of a motivated and multicultural team.
- 1 interview with the Associate Director Policy & Market Access and Head of Human Resources.
- Decision after 10 working days.
We are looking forward to receiving your cv.
Please upload your cv via the Apply Now Button.
Call EMMA WAITES
at the number: 02 738 02 63 GSM 0475 614967