Key Account Manager (DACH)
As a global leading designer, developer & manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging, Plastipak produces award-winning preforms, bottles and containers for a number of markets, including water, soft drinks, food, dairy, juice and alcohol, personal and home care. Their customers are amongst the best-known brands across the world and we can assure you that you have already had Plastipak at home. 😉
Plastipak has manufacturing plants in North and Latin America, Europe & North Africa. The European division comprises 14 manufacturing plants in 12 countries, and produces around 20 billion units each year. Supported by dedicated research and development centres of excellence, their team ensures their leading position in material, barrier and manufacturing design and development.
Their company in Luxembourg has about 180 employees and produces more than 4 billions of preforms every year as well as recycled PET. There is a positive and warm atmosphere with respect of the employees as a priority. Among their fundamental values, we find trust, empowerment, innovation and integrity, to name a few.
In order to reinforce their Sales Team, Plastipak is looking for a Key Account Manager.
Your mission and responsibilities
As Key Account Manager, you are the key touchpoint between Plastipak and its customers. You manage the interactions from A to Z. You determine their needs, bring them solutions, implement procedures with the permanent will to satisfy them and grow the business with the customers in PET preform segment.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate existing PET preform businesses and provide support to operations and Management by coordinating the relationship and negotiating with customers (forecasting, QA/Service issues, administration and follow up).
- Identify new opportunities.
- Respond to customer’s RFQs (Request For Quotations) for new projects/incremental business and contract renewals.
- Update and review price lists on a quarterly basis.
- Develop systems in cooperation with financial department to monitor business objectives and integrate the business plans into market strategies.
- Develop new accounts / businesses thanks to local market knowledge.
You will be able to work with international clients who are no longer to be introduced, in the whole DACH region. If you are a junior, don't worry! You will be trained for two years by your predecessor so that you can shine and grow in this role.
You join an ambitious team of 7 sales representatives, working in Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium.
Who’s the ideal Key Account Manager?
Concerning your hard skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration / Sales and Marketing
- Ideally 2 to 5 years’ experience but open to juniors who meet the various criteria and are eager to learn
- German and English are a must, French is a plus
- Local plastics manufacturing market and technologies knowledge is an asset
- Computer skills
And even more importantly, here are your soft skills:
- Customer-orientation: you do your best to provide a solution and to satisfy your customers, while being able to negotiate with them.
- Communication: you adapt to your interlocutor and know how to pass on your ideas in a constructive, striking and benevolent way.
- Autonomy: you take initiatives and enjoy being empowered.
- Humility: you are open to learning and making a valued contribution.
- Resilience: you have a long-term vision and you know that today's efforts will pay off tomorrow!
Now that we've talked about you, let's move on to what Plastipak can offer you:
- A permanent contract
- Attractive salary package (Luxembourg tax system)
- Regular travels to Germany
- Possibility to work from home
- The opportunity to grow in an American family business, within its completely independent Luxembourg entity.
- A dynamic and changing sector with new opportunities every day.
- A vibrant, forward thinking and collaborative team.
- A challenging opportunity with international and renowned companies.
The recruitment process
If you have arrived here, it means that this opportunity thrills you! Don’t hesitate any longer and apply.
Here are the next steps:
- Delia calls you for a quick discussion
- Delia organizes a Teams with you to deepen the conversation
- You meet the HR manager for a second interview
- You then come to the site in Luxembourg to meet the site management and the current Sales Manager
- That’s a match between you and Plastipak? Let this new adventure begin!
Call DELIA LECCA
at the number: .